Our Evening Primrose Oil is a rich yellow colour with a slight nutty fragrance. It is light in nature with a nice texture and absorbs well into your skin. This is a fantastic anti-aging oil and can also benefit problem skin conditions like acne and eczema.
Evening Primrose (oenothera biennis) is a common plant with yellow flowers which only open in the evening, hence the name. Cold-pressing the seeds produces Evening Primrose Oil and ensures the maximum nutrients are retained.
What are the key benefits of Evening Primrose Oil?
- It is very rich in gamma linolenic acid (GLA) and Omega 6 fatty acids. These help your body to maintain healthy skin and nails and produce prostaglandins. A deficiency of these will cause dryness, wrinkles and aging whilst making your skin more prone to damage. Essential fatty acids help combat these issues and nourish your skin to leave it feeling soft and supple.
- Evening primrose oil is a wonderful moisturiser. The rich texture softens skin and helps with moisture retention. This makes it especially beneficial for dry skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- It penetrates well, helping to soften skin and promote suppleness. Evening primrose oil is great for general skin health by supplying skin with nutrients and healthy fats. These can help your skin appear more youthful and prevent wrinkles.
- Organic Evening Primrose Oil also has good anti-inflammatory properties. This helps reduce redness, swelling and itching. Whilst assisting dry skin conditions this can also benefit acne. Evening Primrose is known for reducing hormone imbalances and applying a few drops to facial skin can help reduce and heal spots and pimples.
Our cold-pressed Evening Primrose Oil is safe to use directly on your skin. With skin soothing and moisturising properties, it benefits reddened, aging and dry skin. If you are using it for the first time we always recommend doing a small test patch first for 24 hours.
- Ideal for spraying as a facial oil, it helps to form an effective barrier against skin drying out. It can also be used under your eyes to help with dark circles and puffiness.
- Evening Primrose Oil adds lustre to dull and lifeless skin and is also said help with anxiety and depression.
- This pure oil contains nutrients that will help nourish your scalp and strengthen hair. When used regularly evening primrose oil has also shown to benefit hair loss.
Available in 100ml eco friendly EPA lined aluminium bottles. You can also purchase without a pump, making these a great plastic free option!
Certified Organic by the Soil Association and 100% pure. Suitable for use by Vegans.
Dimensions: H11 W4cm, 100ml